Apr 8, 2014

Cool Poster For Tonight's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hoping to capitalize on the mega success of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (in which the spy organization S.H.I.E.L.D. plays a huge role), Marvel has released a very cool poster image for tonight's new episode, "Turn, Turn, Turn," which ties in directly with events in the film. This excellent spy image (almost worthy of a le Carré cover!) was created by artist Mike Del Mundo. Marvel plans to release a new poster for each new episode, according to Bleeding Cool. The limited edition artwork can be purchased from the Marvel Store.

Events of The Winter Soldier should have a fairly huge impact on the future direction of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hopefully they'll shake it up for the better, since the series has long felt like it was simply treading water waiting for this movie to come out so it could finally get on with its storyline. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of synergy.

I have a spoiler-filled review of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (along with speculation about how its events will affect the TV show) coming soon.

In the meantime, if you haven't seen the movie yet, read my spoiler-free review here.

Read my review of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot here.

Read my S.H.I.E.L.D. Primer here.

No comments: